Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The light is stretched and thin after a couple days of clouds and a dusting of snow. It's warmed up, so I took a walk down by the lake this morning to get a little air. Then I sat down to start the site, after a couple of days of reading and researching.

"Return" Monotype, 22x30", 2012.
The domain name and hosting were easy. I chose DreamHost because Internet For Artists recommended it, and because they handle domain name and hosting account in one spot. They donate some of their proceeds to Creative Capital.org, which puts on the IFA seminars. They do charge for one year up front, but it's inexpensive. My domain name will be JoeHigginsMonotypes.com.

I'm on to WordPress now. I'm working a temp job next week (to pay for the hosting, nyuk), so I'm hoping the software is pretty easy and fun to use, as this week is the last I'll be able to sit in front of the computer for long stretches. 

I entered the picture above in a regional printmaking exhibition in November. I'll find out if it was accepted this week as well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment