Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sketchy Business



The year seems to be getting off to a good start. I wanted to do more sketching as a way of adding focus and unity of purpose, and I wanted to keep the images minimal and make greater use of negative space. Those things seem to be happening here, in the print I did Monday. It's not in its final state; I'll need to touch up a couple of areas.

It's two drops, gray and dark gray, and it was trickier than it looks; I took my time. I had gotten a late start because we went over to help lift a press into a car bound for its new home up in the mountains. It's a Squishtoid occupational hazard- every time someone buys a press, we wind up doing the grunt work. It's not something my back
especially looks forward to after 25 years of lifting 50 pound bales of potatoes, but it's nice to see a printmaker living the dream, and she did buy us breakfast and bake us cookies!

I have a ghost of this which I'll post tomorrow. For now, I'll post the sketch to prove I'm not just talking the talk.


No comments:

Post a Comment